Google My Business Execution Guide For Loan OfficersThe Ultimate Local SEO Guide
Adding a FAQ Section
Google My Business has a Questions and Answers feature:
This allows potential customers to ask questions about your business.
We are going to leverage the Questions and Answers feature to build a frequently asked questions (FAQ) section.
Why this helps
- It gives Google more context about your business – which helps your listing rank when people are searching for your products and services.
- It reduces the time you spend answering the same questions over and over again.
What Not To Do
- Don’t tell people to visit your website. Offer all of the information directly in your answer.
- Don’t be overly promotional in your answer.
- Phone numbers and email addresses are not allowed in your answer.
Before you start
It’s easier if you already have a list of your most common questions and answers.
- Create a new document using your favorite word processor (e.g. Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Notepad).
- Make a list of the most common questions you’re asked about your business.
- Write your answers to each of these questions.
Here are examples of questions, to help you get started:
- Where is the best place to park?
- What neighborhoods do you service?
- What are your business hours?
- What products/services do you provide?
These questions may seem very basic to you – but the answers are not obvious to first-time customers.
Please make sure you are signed into the same Google account that you manage your listing under.
By posting these questions/answers under the same account, they will be marked as being from the owner:
- Search for your business on Google (using your desktop or phone). If you have the Google Maps app on your phone, you can also use that to find your listing.
- Click the “Ask a question” button in the Questions and Answers section.
- Paste one of the questions from your list.
After adding all of your questions, it’s time to paste your answers:
- In the Questions and Answers section, click “See all questions”.
- Next to the question, click “Answer”.
- Paste your answer to that question.
After completing this process, your listing will have a complete FAQ section.
This helps Google get a better understanding of what searches your business is relevant for – and it helps potential customers get answers to important questions.