Google My Business Execution Guide For Loan OfficersThe Ultimate Local SEO Guide
This is probably one of the easiest ways to boost your listings in the search engine. The following is a Search Engine Professional trade secret to help you rise to the top!
Before you start:
If you already have photos uploaded to your listing, please do not delete them.
Deleting and re-uploading photos will cause all previous engagement (e.g. views) to be lost.
Instead, please optimize all new photos that you upload, from this point on.
- Each image must be smaller than 10 MB in size.
- Each image needs to be a minimum of 720 by 720 pixels.
Each image should follow this taxonomy:
You are a loan officer for Atlantic Bay Mortgage in Charlottesville, Va – with the following primary category:
Then two of your image names would be:
Add at least one for each of the following:
- Business logo
- Cover photo (this is what people will see in Search and Maps – it’s the most important)
- An external (street) view of the building
- An internal (office) view
- One photo of a team member or the owner
- One photo demonstrating the product or service
- You do not need to hire a professional photographer – but the photos need to be high quality.
- Ensure the photos are flattering for your business.
“Businesses with photos receive 42% more requests for driving directions to their location from users on Google, and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t have photos.”
Geo-Tagging (Automatic Process)
If you take photos of the office on a smart phone, ensure you have your phone’s Location Services switched on.
If you do, the photos will be correctly geo-tagged, and no further action is needed for this.
Geo-Tagging (Manual Process)
If you are using photos that have been taken somewhere else – or are not sure if they have been geo-tagged – here is the easiest workaround:
- Create a free account at https://dbaplatform.com/
- Connect your Google My Business account (sign in with the Google account that is tied to Google My Business).
- Select the listing(s) you want to optimize photos for. This is important, as the platform will pull location data from your listing automatically for your photos.
- Click the Photos icon on the dashboard.
- Click the green upload button.
- Once uploaded, the photo will show up in your list of photos.
- Click the Optimized box next to the photo (at this time, it should be a yellow box with a zero in it).
- In the image title, add a label for what the image is of (Example: ACME front desk).
- In the keywords field, add one business category (start with the primary category then work your way through the secondary categories before starting at the primary again).
- If you have connected your Google My Business listing, all location information should be filled out.
- Ignore all other fields and click Save.
- Click the download button.
By following the process above, you will have a fully optimized image – with location and business category data added to the image.
Note: DBA Platform is great and inexpensive ($2/month per feature). However, you do not need to pay for it for the above process.
Uploading Photos to Google My Business
You have the option of uploading the images directly from DBA Platform if you use that process – but then you will be required to pay the $2 per month for your location.
If you download the photos from DBA, you can manually upload photos to your listing. To do so, follow the process below:
- Sign in to Google My Business and visit the Photos section (available from the left menu).
- Click the Choose Photo button in the Logo box. Upload your logo.
- Click the Choose Photo button in the Cover box. Upload your cover photo.
- Click the At Work tab on top of the page to upload the internal and external business photos.
- Follow the above instructions for Team.
- If you have any high-quality videos which showcase your business, you can upload those within the videos tab.
Removing Photos from Google My Business
- Visit the Photos section of your account.
- Click on the photo you wish to remove.
- Click the trash icon in the top right corner.